Young Economists Research Competition
How to write a research paper?
How to proceed
Who Should Enter
This competition is open to undergraduate students in any discipline across India.
STEP 1: FORM A TEAM
- Only two teams per college (on a first come first serve basis)
- Number of students in a team: 2
- At least one Third Year (TY) student
STEP 2: CHOOSE A TOPIC
There are three topic titles, out of which, you have to choose one.
1. GST- What was the objective? Is it being achieved?
2. How can India become a nation of innovators?
3. Does good economics require bad politics?
STEP 3: REGISTER
Scroll below to register.
- Abstract: 300 – 400 words
- Final Paper: 3000 – 4000 words (excluding abstract, bibliography/references, tables/graphs, and figures)
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12 pt
- Double Spacing
- All data sources clearly cited (Harvard Referencing)
- 400 words maximum in direct quotations
Selection of winners
Teams from colleges across India will compete (2 teams per college). A panel of judges will select 8 teams that will make it to the final round.
The final round will consist of teams presenting their papers to a panel. A winner and runner-up will be selected.
- 17th December: Abstract Submission
- 22nd December: Meeting between student teams, Meghnad Desai Academy faculty and Academic Consultant Committee members to discuss expectations, timelines and deliverables
- 20th January: Paper submissions
- 27th January: Announcement of finalists
- 1st February: Feedback for finalists
- 17th February: Finalists’ paper presentations