All students are required to take a set of three Core Courses:
Each of these courses will build on the material from Foundations, and lead the students into an in-depth exploration of topics that every economist is expected to be proficient in. These courses will also prepare students for the Elective Courses, which provide training in more specialized sub-disciplines of finance, public policy and data analytics.
Alongside the Core Courses, each student is also required to take an intensive workshop in Financial Accounting, which will prepare all students to take up finance-related internships during the academic year, and provide students that are interested in specializing in the finance stream, with the necessary foundations for further studies in finance.
The courses will be taught for 48 hours each with additional hours for Workshops and Econ Labs.
Learning Outcomes and Skills
- Rigorous understanding of markets and how they function
- Solve problems in microeconomics and macroeconomics
- Structure and analyze economic data with software packages
- Critically evaluate news articles about ongoing economic developments in India and abroad
- Critically evaluate academic and policy research in economics
- Write short- and long-form pieces on real-world economics issues