– Our unique teaching methods focus on applied learning and conceptual learning. Students will participate in workshops and seminars with top Data Scientist, Economists and Finance professionals from around the world. Given our corporate connections, students will get the opportunity to participate in live projects.
2. What is the kind of Degree/Certificate that is awarded after the course?
– On successful completion of the course, the students will get a Post graduate Certificate in Data Science from MDAE and Decimal Point Analytics. Decimal Point Analytics is one of the leading full Research & Analytics Service company for Risk Management & Financial Modeling in India, USA and UK. To know more about Decimal Point Analytics please visit https://www.decimalpointanalytics.com/
– This certificate course enables the students to enter the jobs in Data Analytics in BFSI sector. Our Rigorous curriculum lies at the intersection of finance, technology and analytics, designed and delivered in collaboration with leading industry experts.
– We focus on providing students with access to real world situations through our unmatched corporate access. The certificate course is designed considering the current job requirements which will last for another 3-5 years.
3. Are you affiliated or recognized by Mumbai University/ any other educational body?
We are currently not affiliated to Mumbai University or any other educational body. At MDAE we believe in having Autonomy in Curriculum design and delivery. Given the applied nature of our the subject MDAE has collaborated with a leading analytics service provider, Decimal Point Analytics. To know more about Decimal Point Analytics please visit https://www.decimalpointanalytics.com/
4. Is Fees inclusive of Accommodation?
– This is not residential course. The course fee covers only tuition fees and other charges related to course.
5. Do you offer Discount/Scholarship/ Education Loan?
– Program launch discount – 15% on fees
– Profile based scholarships available
– Education loan from banks and part payment facility available as per Institute’s academy.
6. Do you have any placement guarantee?
– Placement is the outcome of the learning that the student takes from the course.
– MDAE as an institute is facilitator to assist the students with placements. We ensure that we bring maximum placement opportunities for the students.
– Successful placement of any student is the joint effort of the institute and the student.
– For its flagship program, post graduate certificate in Economics, MDAE, through its access to corporates, has been able to provide excellent placements to its students in the past 4 years. To know more please visit https://www.meghnaddesaiacademy.org/placement-2018/
7. What is the average package after completing the course?
MDAE launched the Data Science program looking at high demand from companies where we place our students from the Economics program. This will be our first batch of Data Science graduates, so while we do not have any number pertaining to this program, we can provide some placement facts about our flagship program. To know more please visit https://www.meghnaddesaiacademy.org/placement-2018/
8. What tools and programming languages are covered in the course?
– Coding languages: R and Python
– ML: Deep Learning, Neural Networks, Recommender system, Simulation techniques, Sentimental analysis.
9. Can a student with non-engineering background learn the technical aspects of Data Science?
– Yes. If the student is oriented to learn Math, Statistics and computer coding languages, then the non-engineering student can even apply for the course. All the students must undergo the pre-evaluation process before taking the admission in the course.
10. What is basic eligibility for the students taking up the course?
– Graduates in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics and Mathematics.
– All the students must undergo the evaluation process before taking the admission in the course.
a. Application form with CV/Resume and SOP.
b. 1-hour online Quantitative Techniques test
c. Panel interview.
11. Why this course is more aligned towards only finance domain?
– Finance industry is an accelerating industry and the analytics jobs are growing in tandem.
– The need for faster decision makers in Finance domain will increase by 40% in just 2 year.
– It is expected become a 20-billion-dollar industry in India by 2025 (Source: Analytics India Magazine).
12. What is qualification of the faculties teaching the course? Do the industry practitioners also teach the course?
– Faculties are from reputed institutes/universities around the world and industry practitioners who have served the data science/finance industry.
13. What is the location of the academy?
– Our mailing address is as follows: Centre 1 Building, 12th floor, World trade Centre, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai – 400005.
14. Comparison between course offered by other institutes and MDAE in reference to fees, delivery, faculty, projects, placements, degree, industry interaction, etc.?
– USPs of our Course:
a. Curriculum tailored to the need of industry which lies at the intersection of finance, technology and analytics.
b. Faculties drawn from reputed instituted and practicing industry experts.
c. Given our corporate connection students get access to best rated corporates for learning, internships and placement.
FAQ: How do we train students to be real world economists?
FAQ: What is the Application Process at MDAE?
FAQ: MBA vs One Year PG Certificate at MDAE?
FAQ: What is the placement process at MDAE like?
FAQ: My aspirations are to go abroad for further studies, how will this program help?
FAQ: Will MDAE's One Year Post Graduate Certificate Course add value to an Engineering Student?