See yourself as a Risk Analyst? Investment Banker? or a Portfolio Manager?
Investment bankers, risk analysts, portfolio managers come from a variety of backgrounds, but a strong foundation in mathematics is important. They may have degrees in finance, accounting, or mathematics, for example, but may come from other fields like computer science or physics as well.
Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics offers a Post Graduate Diploma in Economics, with a specialisation in Finance, Data Analytics or Public Policy. As mathematics is extremely important in this field, our foundations course puts an emphasis on Mathematics, Statistics and Data & Computing. The Foundations Courses introduces students to the essential elements of economic and statistical theory.
By the end of the foundations course you will have:
- Rigorous understanding of mathematical and statistical concepts
- Ability to solve mathematical and statistical problems
- Foundational knowledge of microeconomics and macroeconomics
The Specialisation in Finance has the following modules and learning outcomes:
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Measuring Risk in Equity & Fixed Income Markets
- Ability to inter-relate different types of financial statements
- Ability to analyze financial statements for operational and strategic purposes
- Knowledge of financial structure and capital budgeting
- Knowledge of how equity and fixed-income markets work
- Ability to measure risk in financial markets
- Knowledge of the financial market eco-system and its regulation
- Ability to critically read financial news and extract vital information about companies, markets and economies from such news
- Preparedness for jobs in business corporations, commercial banks, investment banks, equity analysis, fixed income analysis, wealth management, etc.
If you would like to know more about the course, please fill your details below.