Young Economists Research Competition 2020 – 2021
Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics is excited to announce the fourth year of Young Economists Research Competition. On this page you will find guidelines on how to participate.
Who Should Enter
This competition is open to undergraduate students in any discipline across India.
How to proceed
STEP 1: FORM A TEAM
- Number of students in a team: 2
STEP 2: CHOOSE A TOPIC
There are four topic titles, out of which, you have to choose one.
- COVID 19 and the Indian Economy – Crisis and Opportunities.
- Can ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ be the path to India’s Economic Prosperity?
- Impact of digital divide on the education sector in India
- Banking sector crisis of India- Causes, consequences and cure
STEP 3: REGISTER
Click here to register
- Abstract up to 300 words
- Final Paper up to 3000 words (excluding abstract, bibliography/references, tables/graphs, and figures)
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12 pt.
- Double Spacing
- All data sources clearly cited (Harvard Referencing)
- 400 words maximum in direct quotations
Selection of winners
Teams from colleges across India will compete. A panel of judges will select 6 teams that will make it to the final round.
The final round will consist of teams presenting their papers to a panel, and a winner will be selected.
YERC Prize Money –
1st Prize – Rs 30,000
2nd Prize – Rs 15,000
- 15 January: Deadline for Registrations & Abstract submission
- 28 January: Announcement of shortlisted abstracts
- 18 February: Final Paper submission
- 5 March: Announcement of Top 6
- 20 March: Feedback for finalists
- 27 March: Finalists paper presentations
Click Here to Submit Your Abstract