Young Economists Research Competition 2021 – 2022
India’s premier undergraduate economics research competition, Young Economists Research Competition, conducted by Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics is back with a bang!
We are faced with some very challenging issues in society today, and our mission is to make you think. Thus, our event’s motto, very appropriately, is “Cogito, Ergo Sum”.
Why Should I Participate?
- With over 1000 registrations last year, YERC is one of India’s foremost and most prestigious undergraduate economics research competitions. As a participant, you will be competing against some of the brightest young minds in economics, not just in India but abroad as well.
- We all provide mentorship to finalists to ensure that they can bring their best to the table.
- Attractive cash prizes to be won! Rs. 30,000 for the winner and Rs. 15,000 for the runner-up.
Looks Great? Am I Eligible to participate?
- Undergraduates from any discipline can participate.
- All candidates are required to sign up in teams of two (not necessarily from the same year/course/college).
How to proceed
STEP 1: FORM A TEAM
- Number of students in a team: 2
STEP 2: CHOOSE A TOPIC
There are four topic titles, out of which, you have to choose one.
- India and the COP26: Opportunities and threats
- To QE or not to QE
- Recognizing the prospects of digital currencies: The whats and the whys
- The 2020 Migrant Crisis: The good, the Bad and the Ugly
STEP 3: REGISTER
Click here to register
- Abstract up to 300 words
- Final Paper up to 4000 words (excluding abstract, bibliography/references, tables/graphs, and figures)
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12 pt.
- Double Spacing
- All data sources clearly cited (Harvard Referencing)
- 400 words maximum in direct quotations
Selection of winners
Teams from colleges across India will compete. A panel of judges will select 6 teams that will make it to the final round.
The final round will consist of teams presenting their papers to a panel, and a winner will be selected.
YERC Prize –
Winners and Runner ups to get Tablets and Alexa devices.
- 05 January: Deadline for Registrations & Abstract submission
- 12 January: Announcement of shortlisted abstracts
- 05 February: Final Paper submission
- 19 February: Announcement of Top 6
- 22 February: Feedback for finalists
- 28 February: Finalists paper presentations
Click Here to Submit Your Abstract